Thursday, December 22, 2011

Habitually Chic Christmas

The most exciting about my new apartment is that it has room for a large Christmas tree.  Even better was that Green Valley Christmas Trees was kind enough to send me one. I haven't put up a tree in a few years and it was so much fun unpacking all my old ornaments.  I especially love the ones that I bought in an antiques shop on Gamla Stan in Stockholm.  I didn't create a color scheme because all my ornaments are meaningful and remind me of Christmases past.  

This little guy from Sweden isn't an ornament but I wired him to the tree. 

I love the little knit sweaters and mittens. 

I bought two boxes of vintage ornaments at the flea market this year. 

One box went on the tree and the other into an old silver bowl. 

My Amaryllis is finally blooming. 

This little Santa and tree also came from Sweden. 

I hung a wreath on my new resin antlers from Suzanne Kasler for Ballard

The Delft snowman and tree came from my parents many years ago.

Even my topiaries get into the holiday spirit with a simple red ribbon bow.  

All photos by Heather Clawson for Habitually Chic

No comments:

Post a Comment