Monday, December 26, 2011

Holiday Memories

Sorry for the absence.  I stayed in New York this holiday and was off enjoying myself.  I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and Hanukkah wherever you spent them.  My father suggested recently that I tell the story of the Christmas that Santa left me every present a five year could have ever imagine like a dollhouse and new canopy bed.  While that was a great Christmas memory, my favorite present was the one that didn't come from a store.  After a particularly stressful 2009, I asked my father over Christmas if I could "borrow" his vintage Breitling watch that belonged to his uncle. I had always admired it and I knew it would cheer me up. I think I caught him at a good moment and he relented.  For the last two years, I've worn it everyday with pride and admiration.  It's beautiful to look at and is always a conversation starter. But more importantly, it makes me think of my family when we're not together. I probably should find myself another vintage watch and give it back but so far, I can't seem to part with it. Maybe a better plan would be to buy my father another vintage watch.  Do you have any favorite holiday memories?

No comments:

Post a Comment