Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Paint it Black

I posted this photo on Instagram (my new addiction!) last night but thought it warranted a blog post as well.  Many of you have mentioned that I haven't been posting any new photos of my apartment.  That's because a magazine came to look at it and I wasn't allowed but I figured one photo of my bathroom wouldn't be a problem.  

I've lived here for eleven months and in that entire time, my plain white bathroom door has bothered me.  Since this is a rental, I wasn't going to spend the money to replace it with a nicer option so I finally decided to pull out a paint brush.  I measured two sections, taped them off and painted them black to mimic moulding.  I'm not the best painter and I pulled up the tape before it was completely dry, so it's not perfect but it looks more interesting than it did before. It also now coordinates with the black and white tile floor, shower curtain, and black and white photos. As well as the Diptyque candle and tissue box cover. (Notice a theme?) Now I just need a new doorknob.  

It's always something. 

No comments:

Post a Comment