Tuesday, June 12, 2012

The Art Collector

The Kips Bay Decorator Show House closes this Thursday so I hope you had a chance to visit.  Those of you who didn't, missed an amazing house but I'm going to be posting a few more of my favorite rooms so you don't feel left out.  I'm a huge fan of abstract art so of course I loved the study filled with it designed by Alexander Doherty.  I think he may have even changed my opinion of wood paneling.  He designed it for himself since he knew he would be spending a lot of time in the space.  The day bed is perfect for taking a nap or reading an art book and the desk is meant for working. I probably wouldn't get any work done though because I'd be too busy looking at all the amazing paintings.  













Designer Alexander Doherty.




Photos by Heather Clawson for Habitually Chic

No comments:

Post a Comment