Monday, June 4, 2012

Summer Reading

Now that my own book is about to go to final press, I finally feel like I can start reading for pleasure again.  There is no better time to read than summer whether on the beach or inside on a rainy day like today.  Of course, this means I need to find something to read.  If you have any suggestions, please feel free to send them my way.  In the meantime, I might start with The Chaperone by Laura Moriarty is said to be a "captivating novel about the woman who chaperoned an irreverent Louise Brooks to New York City in 1922 and the summer that would change them both."  The chaperone is Cora Carlisle who accompanies the then unknown 15 year old Louise from Wichita, Kansas to New York for five weeks while she attends the prestigious Denishawn School of Dancing. I can't wait to find out what happens to them both on their adventure! 

No comments:

Post a Comment